Let’s take a closer look at how to set up smart TV on an LG TV if this is your first time using a TV from this company.
LG is one of the largest manufacturers of equipment, including modern TVs with the ability to connect smart TV.
Smart TV is the latest technology for the operation of televisions and handheld consoles. With its help, you can significantly expand the list of channels and viewed programs.
The connection with the technology is due to the Internet connection.
There are only two ways to connect smart TV to LG TV:
- Using a twisted pair cable – a wire that provides connection to an Internet connection;
- Using a wireless network (wifi).
Connection via cable or wifi
Use the first method if you do not have a wireless network at home or if you use a modem to connect to the Internet.
Also, some televisions may not have a wireless adapter.
To get started, make sure you have a special splitter for twisted-pair wire. It is necessary when a cable is already connected to one of the computers in the house.
After buying a splitter (switch), connect the main wire to it. Then connect the LAN1 output to your PC, and LAN2 to the TV.
The location of the output for the twisted pair cable connector is shown in the figure. On some models, it may have a different location.
Placement of the LAN output for connecting the Internet cable on the back of the TV
After connecting the wire, turn on the TV and using the remote control, follow all the steps in the instructions:
- Go to the main menu of the TV. Then click on the Home button to open the main menu bar;
Device main menu
- In the device settings window that opens, select the networks tab and click on the network connection settings item, as shown in the figure below;
- This tab shows two options for connecting the TV to the Internet. Press the red key to configure the connection;
TV network connection settings window
- In the settings window, you can see the status of connecting the Internet cable or router to the TV. Click on the List of networks button;
View a list of connected networks
- If you connect a smart TV via cable, select Wired Network. If using a router, select one of the wireless profiles. Now click the Refresh button and wait a few minutes;
Choosing a network to further configure your Internet connection
- Next, the software preinstalled in the TV operating system will independently carry out the necessary configuration of the new equipment. After a few minutes, you will see a dialog box stating that the Internet connection was successful.
For the correct operation of the device and its further configuration, you must restart the router and the TV.
If you use a cable, you do not need to disconnect it, this will disrupt the Internet connection.
User Account Registration
To start the full use of smart TV technology, simply setting up an Internet connection is not enough.
Without registering a profile, you will not be able to use all the features of smart television technology: it will not be possible to install applications and widgets that will facilitate the process of switching between channels and the choice of available programs and films.
The registration process is very simple and will take you a few minutes.
After creating your personal profile, you will be able to find out about all the latest application updates for your TV model.
Follow the instructions to register on the LG website:
- Go to the main menu of the device;
- In the upper right corner of the TV screen, find the account login key;
- Enter your login information or click on the registration key to create a new profile in LG Apps;