What is interesting inside?
Official sales of the new iPhone started just the other day – and the new products, as one would expect, have already reached the masters of the famous iFixit workshop.
First of all, experts began to disassemble the iPhone 11 Pro Max. Experts disassembled the device into cogs and are ready to reach a verdict on maintainability. But before that, let’s examine what was found interesting in the bowels of a smartphone.
Having gained access to components, iFixit wizards found a rather interesting detail. It turns out that the battery is equipped with two connectors at once, which means that the smartphone still has an element of wireless reverse charging. However, the option, as insiders assumed, is disabled by software.
Having reached a two-sided motherboard, experts found on it an Apple A13 processor, a Toshiba drive and 4 GB LPDDR4X SK Hynix RAM module.
There is also an audio codec from Cirrus Logic, a cellular modem from Intel, as well as components from other vendors – STMicrolectronics, Skyworks and Texas Instruments.
Having reached the battery, experts learned that Apple retained the L-shape of the battery. At the same time, the battery itself became thicker, having a record capacity of 3969 mAh.
- The display module of the iPhone 11 Pro Max bears a striking resemblance to the iPhone XS Max module. The location of the Face ID sensors inside has also not changed.
- The Taptic Engine has become smaller. It is possible that this is directly related to the rejection of 3D Touch technology.
- Despite Apple claims to have improved protection against water and dust, the methods for applying glue and waterproofing elements have remained the same.
- The battery of the iPhone 11 Pro Max has become harder to remove. Apple uses three adhesive tapes in the design. At the same time, access to the battery itself has become easier.
- The wireless coil has not changed in any way since the iPhone X / XS / XS Max.
The iFixit workshop assigned the iPhone 11 Pro Max 6 out of 10 points on the maintainability scale. Experts noted the modularity of many components of the smartphone, as well as a fairly simple replacement of the display and battery.
Experts attributed the design flaws to the high complexity of repairs if the rear panel is damaged. The fact is that Apple uses solid glass in the case, which means that any breakage can lead to sad consequences – a complete replacement of the chassis.
Put 5 stars at the bottom of the article if you like this topic. Follow us on VK, Telegram, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Viber