Introduced at WWDC-2019, Apple’s new iOS 13 mobile operating system (review) is already available for installation as a test version of iOS 13 beta 2.
You must understand that despite the general access, iOS 13 beta 2 is intended for developers, and its installation is recommended exclusively for test devices. Most users should not download iOS 13 beta 2 to their main gadget, but rather wait for the public beta to be released, which is likely to be released in July.
Table of Contents
Which iPhone and iPad can I install iOS 13
You can install iOS 13 beta 2 on the following iPhone and iPod Touch:
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus;
- iPhone SE;
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus;
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus;
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR;
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max;
- 7th generation iPod touch.
Recall, iPad owners from this year will have the opportunity to switch to a special version of the iPadOS mobile platform, which will be more closely integrated with Mac computers than iPhone smartphones.
You can install iPadOS 13 beta 2 on the following Apple tablets:
- 11-inch iPad Pro
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 3 generations;
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2 generations;
- iPad 5 (2017);
- iPad 6 (2018);
- iPad mini 5;
- iPad Air 3;
- iPad mini 4;
- iPad Air 2;
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro;
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 1st generation.
In addition, to install iOS 13 beta 1, you will need a Mac computer with MacOS 10.15 beta installed (do not rush to install this version of the desktop OS without looking at this material to the end).
With the release of iOS 13 beta 2, Apple developers also distributed a beta profile that installs iOS 13 beta 2 “over the air”. This greatly simplifies the installation procedure, recall that to install the first beta of iOS 13, a computer was required.
Should I upgrade to iOS 13
We will not recommend installing iOS 13 beta 2, however, we note high stability, the speed of the test version of the firmware, as well as the presence of many interesting features, such as: a dark theme, new tools for editing photos and videos, support for 3D Touch capabilities on iPhone SE, iPhone XR and iPad, smart battery saving mode and more.
Where to download the profile for installing iOS 13 beta 2 on iPhone or iPad by air
iOS 13 beta 2 can only be installed by installing a developer profile. You can download the profile for installing iOS 13 beta 2 on iPhone or iPad at this link.
How to install iOS 13 beta 2 on iPhone and iPad using beta profile
1. Open the Safari browser on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and follow this link.
2. Click on the Download button on the banner that says iOS 13 iPadOS to download the beta profile.
3. In the pop-up window that appears, click “Allow”.
4. Launch the Settings app, go to the General menu → Profile, select the downloaded iOS 13 profile & iPadOS 13 Beta Software Profile and click the "Install" button in the upper right corner.
This action allows you to install the iOS 13 beta profile for developers, which in turn will allow you to upgrade your iPhone or iPad to the new iOS 13 beta.
5. Enter the password code and confirm the beta profile setting two more times.
6. Click Restart.
7. After the reboot, open the Settings app again, go to the “General” → “Software Update” path and click the Download and Install iOS 13 button.
Installing iOS 13 beta 2 will start automatically immediately after downloading to the device.
Do I need to install a new profile for the next beta of iOS 13?
No. The installed iOS 13 beta profile will be valid until the release of iOS 14. New iOS 13 beta updates, including bug fixes, as well as new operating system features, will automatically appear on the iOS device.
The final official version of iOS 13 for all users will be traditionally released in September.