Users often need to connect the gadget to a laptop or other similar device. They do this in order to transfer data from one device to another. The traditional way to connect is with a cable.
However, this method is not always available and convenient. If, for example, the wire is faulty, then it will not work. You can solve the problem if you connect via Wi-Fi. Below are ways to do this.
We offer you to immediately watch a video review of the ways that will help to connect your smartphone and PC:
ES Explorer is a file manager that provides control over the folders of a smartphone, as well as one of the ways to connect your phone to a computer via WI-FI. To make the connection, perform the following manipulations:
- the application is downloaded to the Play Market – this procedure is free of charge;
- the application is launched and connected to the WI-FI with which the computer is connected;
- call the menu located on the left side of the device, go to the "Network" subsection;
- select the column "Remote access";
- under the “Status” button, an inscription with the network name should appear;
- select the "Enable" mode;
- The address that is saved and entered in the appropriate window on the computer is displayed.
When all these procedures are completed, they proceed to work on the computer. To connect to the phone, proceed as follows:
- go to the sub-item "My computer";
- drive the address of the conductor into the corresponding line;
- A directory of phone files opens, allowing you to perform all the necessary manipulations.
Through My FTP Server
My FTP Server is another way to connect your laptop to your gadget wirelessly. To do this, first of all, the application is installed on a tablet or phone. After that, perform the following actions:
- run the program and enter the settings;
- enter the account username and password;
- the entered information is saved.
On the main panel of the program, click on the "Start Server" button. After that, the corresponding window lights up in green and instead of the inscription “off” the inscription “on” appears.
Next, configure a laptop or computer:
- Log in to the My Computer subsection.
- using the manipulator button located on the right side, click on a free field and go to the tab “Add a new element to the network environment”;
- a new window appears and click on the "Next" button;
- copy the network address from the program and paste into the appropriate line;
- enter the username and password in the fields, then drive the address;
- Click on the "Next" window.
After that, the My Computer menu appears, in which the new item is located.
It is opened and the username and password are entered in the appropriate windows. So you got access to the gadget files.
This is the easiest way to wirelessly connect a computer or laptop with a gadget. First of all, you need to install the SHAREit program on the computer. The application is recommended to be downloaded from the official site. The same program is installed on a tablet or phone. After that, proceed as follows:
- run applications on both devices;
- go to the program menu on the phone and click on the words "Connect to PC";
- on the radar they find the name of their device and click on it;
- confirm the connection.
After that, they get access to the gadget files from a computer or laptop.
Via the AirDroid app
To connect a PC and a smartphone and from a computer to access the folders of the gadget with the Android OS, download the AirDroid program on Google Play. After that, perform the following steps:
- launch the application;
- copy the address for the computer;
- The address is entered into the browser and confirm the connection with the gadget.
For a connection between an Android device and a computer or laptop to be successful, it is important that the phone is connected to the same network as the PC. Only this will allow you to establish a connection without wires.
There is nothing complicated in how to connect Wi-Fi on a smartphone via a router:
- Go to the "Settings";
- Select the item "Wi-Fi";
- We are connected to our router.
Possible problems and solutions
It is not always possible to access gadget folders from a computer using WI-FI. The reasons for this may be as follows.
Usually, the lack of connection is explained by the fact that in the router settings the mode is set in which the devices are connected to the local network, but there is no connection between them. The following actions will help to solve problems:
- enter the router settings menu;
- go to the subsection "Home Network";
- select the sub-item "WI-FI Settings";
- put an icon opposite the inscription: "Enable isolation of the access point."
Some routers may have a different procedure for changing settings. It is recommended that you read the instructions for the device.
If the connection is made, but no other devices appear in the explorer menu on the phone, then the problem is with the computer. Solving it will help change certain parameters. To do this, perform the following manipulations:
- in the menu of Windows 7 or another version, select the subsection “Networks”;
- go to the sub-item "Advanced sharing options";
- activate network discovery and access to files and devices;
- deactivate the password when connecting to shared files;
- select the column "Properties";
- Click on the button "Advanced Settings";
- put a checkmark in front of the inscription: "Open shared folder";
- once again scan network devices in the Explorer menu: "Network – LAN".
Knowing how to connect a telephone and a computer to a router, you can get access to the Internet. To have access to the gadget’s folders from the laptop, you can connect devices via WI-FI using applications.
Was our article helpful? Leave your own and share your experience on the topic! Thank you for choosing us!