Smartphones iPhone 6S and 6S Plus almost repeated the scenario of the predecessor of the “S” line from Apple. It means that, like in the fifth series, phones with the prefix “S” do not visually differ from their older brothers, while they received an upgrade in terms of hardware, processing power and software function. Despite the decline in prices associated with the advent of smartphones iPhone 7 – 6S and 6S Plus certainly deserve your attention.
However, as with our favorite smartphone or tablet, the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus also have their problems. It is about them that we want to talk about today, more precisely about ways to solve problems on the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus.
Disclaimer: Not every owner of the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus will solve these problems, and it is more than likely that you will not encounter any of the problems listed below.
Problem # 1: Battery malfunction resulting in unexpected shutdowns of iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
Apple has acknowledged that there are many iPhone 6s that suffer from unexpected blackouts caused by battery problems. The problem arises from the "control of exposure to ambient air." This problem does not seem to be very widespread.
- You can get a free battery for your iPhone 6S if the device is really affected by this problem.
Problem # 2: Speaker Snores on iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
Some users report problems with sound distortion in the speakers or a problem with the sound level, while some sounds notifications are much louder than others.
Ways to solve:
- Go to Settings / Music / EQ and check the levels there. You can reset the equalizer completely and see if the problem is resolved.
- This problem may be related to a specific application with which you receive notifications.
- If you are concerned that this is a hardware problem, then go to the Apple Store and run a diagnostic there that will tell you if there are problems in the hardware.
Issue # 3: Messages not sent to iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
Some users have reported that they are not able to send messages to those who do not have an Apple smartphone.
Fortunately, this is not a problem in the device and in fact the problem is at a completely different end. Basically, this happens when another person had an ordinary iPhone, and then switched to another operating system. In this case, you must tell him to turn off iMessage. If they still have an old iPhone, let them go into Settings / Messages and turn off iMessage. If not, then they will need to deactivate the number in iMessage.
Problem No. 4: On the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, the problem with live wallpaper
Some users have reported that the animation of live wallpapers freezes after a while.
In this case, go to the Battery Settings section and turn off the low power mode. Using this mode, it automatically disables Live Wallpaper.
- An easier way that works for most users is to simply change the wallpaper to an image, and then switch back to live wallpaper. This procedure can be done by going to Settings / Wallpaper, here select a new wallpaper.
Problem No. 5: Percentage of battery freezes on iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
Smartphones iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus have a fairly capacious battery, but there are times when the battery charge information is not accurate on the screen of their devices, or in other words, the percentage of battery freezes.
In most cases, this is due to the date and time settings. Quite right, you need to go to the Settings / General / Date and Time section and select the "Install automatically" item.
Issue # 6: Network connectivity issues on iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
As with any other new smartphone or tablet, users may encounter some communication problems on the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.
Ways to solve:
Perhaps they are not ideal solutions, but there are a couple of tricks that you can do if you encounter communication problems on iPhone 6S and 6S Plus smartphones.
- If on your iPhone 6S or 6S Plus the Wi-Fi connection continues to fall off or does not connect at all, you need to reboot the router or turn it off for 30 seconds, and then turn it on again. Then, on the phone, go to the Settings / General / Reset / Reset network settings section and add information from scratch;
- If the smartphone has problems with Bluetooth, then go to Settings / Bluetooth – turn it off and on again. If it doesn’t help, you need to delete the pairing information, and try to pair the two devices again.
Manuals: Soft reset (soft reset), hard reset (hard reset), Recovery Mode (recovery mode), DFU Mode (DFU mode) on iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
- Turn off the device (turn off the power);
- After the device is turned off, hold the power button until the device starts up and the Apple logo appears.
Warning! We do a hard reset only in extreme cases when the device does not respond to requests. This hard reset method is completely new and different from the previous method (holding the power button and the home button at the same time). With the new home button on the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, this method is no longer possible.
- Turn off the device (turn off the power);
- Press and hold the power button;
- Continuing to hold the power button, press and hold the volume down key;
- Keep holding them until the device turns off and on again.
- Connect the USB cable to the computer, but not to the iPhone;
- now turn off your iPhone;
- simultaneously press and hold the volume down key and the power button;
- the device turns on, the Apple logo appears on the screen, but you should continue to hold the buttons;
- then the iTunes logo and image with a USB cable will appear on the screen;
- release the buttons, the phone has entered Recovery mode.
- Switching to DFU mode is quite difficult, and does not always exit the first time;
- first turn off your iPhone 6S or 6S Plus;
- make sure that iTunes is running on your computer;
- connect the device to the computer while it is off;
- press and hold the power button for 3 seconds;
- continue to hold the power button, and then press and hold the volume down button (you need to release the power button);
- hold both buttons for 10 seconds. If the Apple logo appears on the screen, you have to start over;
- Next, press the power button, but continue to hold the volume down key for another 5 seconds. If the message “Connect to iTunes” pops up, you held the button for too long and you will need to start over;
- If everything is done correctly, the screen should remain blank, and iTunes should report that the iPhone 6S is connected.
Well, now you have instructions to fix the most common problems on the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, with which you can fix them. Despite the problems mentioned above, the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus smartphones are still an excellent smartphone, and they should not affect your choice.
Stay with us, there is still a lot of interesting things ahead.