Photos from the My Photo Stream album on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, and Mac can be deleted.
If you delete a photo from the My Photo Stream album, the photo is also deleted from the My Photo Stream view on all your devices after they are connected to a Wi-Fi or Ethernet network. Each device must have the necessary software installed and the My Photo Stream feature enabled.
When you delete photos from the My Photo Stream album, the following photos are not deleted:
- copies of photos saved on the Photos tab or in the Camera Roll album on an iOS device;
- Photos imported into the Photo program
- Photos copied to a folder on your PC that isn’t in the My Photo Stream album.
After deletion, the photo can still be displayed on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch if it was taken more than 30 days ago and the My Photo Stream album contains less than 1000 photos.
Update the device software to the required versions:
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. up to iOS 5.1 or later;
- Mac. Up to OS X Lion 10.7.5 or later
- Apple TV (2nd, 3rd or 4th generation). up to tvOS 5.0 or later;
- PC computer. up to Windows 7 or later and iCloud for Windows.
Make sure the My Photo Stream feature is enabled:
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, select Settings > [your name] > iCloud > "A photo". In iOS 10.2 or earlier, select Settings > iCloud > "A photo".
- On a Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud Click the “Options” button opposite the “Photos” item.
- On your Apple TV, go to the Settings menu > iCloud > "General albums."
- On a Windows computer, open iCloud for Windows, select Photos or Photo Stream, and then click the Options button.
Video: Don’t Delete Photos From Iphone 4
To delete photos from the My Photo Stream album, follow the steps below. You can also delete photos from shared albums. Or delete photos that are stored in iCloud Photos.
On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the "Photo" program.
- Click on the “Albums” tab.
- Click "My Photo Stream".
- Click “Select.”
- Select by clicking one or more photos. Selected photos are checked.
- Click the trash can icon. Click “Delete [number] photos”.
On a Mac
- Open the "Photo" program.
- Select the photos you want to delete.
- Go to the "Image" menu > Delete photo.
- Click “Delete” to confirm.
You can also right-click on a photo and select “Delete Photo”.
On an Apple TV device
- From the main menu of Apple TV 6.0 or later, select Photos. For Apple TV 5.0 or earlier, select Photo Stream or Internet > "Photostream".
- When prompted, log in using your Apple ID.
- Find the photo you want to delete.
- Press and hold the Select button, then select Delete Photo.
Information about non-Apple products or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple is not advisory or endorsement. Apple is not responsible for the selection, functionality, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple is also not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of data posted on third-party websites. Contact your supplier for more information.