ASUS RT N13U is a Wi-Fi router. He is able to provide almost any gadget with a Wi-Fi component to its design without any difficulties with Internet access. Due to its simplicity and versatility, this model has become one of the most popular today among ordinary users. She has many other advantages. RT N13U without any difficulties finds a common language with any provider.
During the installation process there is no need to carry out "dancing with a tambourine" and other obscure actions. The device works in a standard way, it connects literally in a few minutes. A well-known provider such as Beeline works great with RT N13U.
Options and appearance
This gadget in the original is made of light plastic and has a modern, stylish body.
If necessary, can be installed on any surface:
There are special devices for this. When you need to place the router on a table. just use a special stand. If you want to fix it on a vertical surface, you can use special holes located on the side of the housing.
Overall dimensions of the router:
- width, mm. 165;
- height, mm. 30;
- length, mm. 125 mm.
Weight is only 265 g.
Complete with RT N13U there is:
- Supporting documentation;
- software disc;
- signal amplifier antenna;
- Power Supply;
- cable for connecting to a personal computer.
We connect the PC to the router
For the router of this type to work, you must first connect a personal computer to it.
This action includes the steps of:
- we connect the device to a 220 V household power supply using a special power supply;
- connect the data cable with one end to the PC (insert into the network card connector), the other end to the router;
- press the “Power” button present on the router case.
After performing all of the above actions in strict order, the device will be connected to a stationary computer or laptop. It is important to do everything as carefully as possible, and also remember to turn on the network card for the device to work. Otherwise, the Internet simply will not work.
Login to interface
To work with this model, you must use the special interface.
To do this, just connect RT N13U to the computer and then:
- open any browser, and then drive in the address period 192.168.0.1;
- by default, enter admin in the first field (username), and admin in the second field (password).
When all of the above actions are completed, click on the "Submit" button.
Sometimes various types of third-party firmware are installed on devices of this type.
In such cases, the following character sets can be used as a password:
Also, in many cases, the username and password are registered on a special etiquette glued to the bottom of the device. There is also an IP address that must be entered in the address bar of the browser. It often happens that for some reason 192.168.0.1 is not suitable, it is then that you need to pay attention to the lower part of the router case.
Video: Asus RT N13U WiFi router
We set up the Internet
To work with Beeline, setting up an Asus RT N13U router is quite simple.
In Moscow, the considered model of the device works with the following parameters:
- WAN connection type: PPTP or L2TP;
- Obtaining an IP address in WAN mode: automatically;
- use of DNS WAN: automatic mode;
- login and password are personal, they are provided by the provider.
The installation process itself is as follows:
- on the left side of the WEB interface, select the section called WAN;
- at the top of the page, click on the item “Internet connection”;
- in the "Type of WAN connection" field set the PPTP value;
- in the "Get WAN IP Address Automatically" field, check the "YES" box;
- set the checkbox in the "connect to the DNS server automatically" field to the "NO" position;
- write username and password in the appropriate fields;
- in the item called "Heart-Beat Server or PPTP / L2TP (VPN)" we write tp.intenet.beeline.ru.
After completing all the steps, simply click on the "apply" button. The router will reboot, the work on setting up the Internet is completely finished.
Despite the fact that this device works quite successfully through regular wired communication (corresponding connectors are present), in the first place, most users purchase it because of the ability to work on the Internet without using wires.
Router ZYXEL KEENETIC LITE 2. set up the Internet for Home ru? Details here.
Wi-Fi setup on this device is as follows:
- go to the tab called “Advanced Options” (it is located on the left side of the interface);
- click on "Wireless Network";
- enter the name of the wireless network in the SSID field;
- "Authentication Method". select WPA-Auto-Personal;
- “WPA Encryption”. TKIP;
- “WPA preliminary key”. enter a set of numbers and symbols, the password must be at least 8 and no more than 63 (it is advisable to choose a hard-to-guess password)
- click on the “Apply” button.
When the adjustment by the considered method is carried out, it is advisable to restart the personal computer. After performing this operation, you can safely connect via Wi-Fi to this device.
How to reset Asus RT N13U router settings
Often there are situations when it is necessary to reset the device to default settings.
There are two ways to do this:
To restore the device parameters to the factory state mechanically, just click on the small button located at the back of the case. It is slightly recessed into plastic, so you have to use a thin and dull object. To reset, you must press the button and hold it in this position for 10 seconds. After which the router needs to be rebooted.
If necessary, you can restore the factory settings using the Web interface:
- open any browser and enter the address 192.168.0.1;
- go to the tab called "Advanced Settings";
- open the "Administration" menu;
- select the "Restore / save / load settings" section.
In the window that opens, there is a button called "Restore". To return to the factory settings and perform a reset, just click on it and restart the router. Changing the password for entering the Password for entering the Wi-Fi network can be changed at any time using the device.
To do this, open the Web interface and do the following:
- go to the "Wireless Network" section;
- we erase everything that is written in the WPA Trust Key field and enter a new password there;
- click on the “Apply” button.
It is important to choose a password to enter in order to eliminate the possibility of guessing. Thus, it is possible to avoid the use of Wi-Fi networks by scammers, by unauthorized persons.
Asus RT N13U is equipped with AiDisk function.
Thanks to it, the following functions become available:
- simplified setup of the FTP server;
- work with the Dynamic DNS service.
Thanks to the functions listed above, if necessary, you can easily and quickly exchange various information with friends, regardless of their location. With a portable hard drive connected to the Asus RT N13U, the user can create miniature FTP at home.
To connect the printer to Asus RT, you need to connect them together using a special USB cable and run a utility called Asus Network Printer Setup.
Then do the following:
- make sure that the connection diagram in the picture is similar and in reality;
press the “Next” button and wait about 5 minutes. the printer will be automatically set up in automatic mode;
We connect a hard drive
To use the router in conjunction with a portable hard drive, do the following:
- make a physical connection using a USB cable;
- open web-interface;
- select the AiDisk section on the right side of the screen;
- choose a way to access the disk;
- register a link to FTP;
- Click on the “Finish” button.
Power is supplied to the USB drive via cable, which is extremely convenient. Asus RT N13U is a universal network equipment. It has many different useful functions.
Its configuration is extremely simple, and the electronic components are reliable. The router of this type is perfect for both home use and for the office. It has a huge bandwidth.