Automatically turning off your monitor after a certain period of inactivity is one of the standard programmed functions in most modern computers that run the Windows operating system. The meaning of such a trip is to reduce energy consumption and longer display life. You can simply disable this option on your computer or configure it.
If you need turn off the lock function on the Windows 7 operating system, for this you need to do the following steps:
- Press the Win key on the keyboard or the mouse button "Start"Located in the lower left corner of the desktop.
- After that, in the command line write the word “pitan”, the system will find files and functions that have this word in the name. From the options that appear, find the component named "Screen off setting". To open, click on it with the left mouse button.
- Then a window appears in which there are all the power settings for your screen that are valid for change. Here you can change: the time after which the image will be darkened and turned off, the brightness of the image and after how much the computer goes into sleep mode. If you use Windows 7 on a laptop, you will see the setting of several power modes at once. On the contrary, the phrase: "Turn off the display"Select the lowest answer option in the drop-down list."Never". For laptops, you can separately configure for two cases: mains power, battery power.
- The same needs to be done with the function "Put the computer to sleep".
- To fix the new settings you have set, click the Save Changes button.
Video: How to Disable Automatic Disconnection of Windows 7 Monitor
Lock screen off
If you have a password in the operating system, so that when you turn on the computer or after exiting "sleep" mode, Windows 7 does not constantly ask you for a password, you need to do the following:
- Again go to "Start".
- Go to the section "Control Panel», Which are in the right column.
- In the window that appears, we find the name of the section "system and safety"And click on it.
- In the next window, select the category "Power supply".
- In the window that appears in the left column, select the section called "Wake password request". (You can go here in a simpler way: enter the phrase "password request" in the search bar of the Control Panel, press Enter, and then select the desired item from the list).
- We put a tick in front of the phrase: "Do not ask for password", After which we click save changes.
Now you will not be blocked by Windows and the screen will ask you to enter a password when you exit sleep mode.