Re-flashing is used only as a last resort, when resetting the settings did not help return the device to normal operation. It is worth noting that the user must be careful as installation of incorrect software may affect the performance of the device. Below, there are two ways to reflash a Lenovo tablet: using a microSD card and through a computer.
Important! Before flashing, it is necessary to save important data on removable media, as subsequently they will be erased from the device’s memory. You should not do a flashing yourself if you are not confident in your abilities. It is better to take the device to a service center.
Flash from a flash drive
If the tablet is equipped with a slot for a memory card, you can flash the tablet using removable media. This method is quite simple and does not require much time.
Important! Before flashing it is necessary to charge the battery 100%.
- Download the firmware to your computer in zip format.
- Format the USB flash drive and transfer the firmware file to it.
- Turn off the tablet and insert the memory card into the slot.
- Press the "Home" button (if it is touch sensitive, you must press the volume up button) and the power key. The Lenovo tablet should turn on and a white Android logo will appear on the screen. After a while, a green Android will appear with animation, which indicates the start of the installation.
- After the installation is complete, white Android will appear on the screen again, and then the manufacturer’s logo. If everything went well, then the OS will boot and will work fine.
Flashing through a computer
The tablet needs to be charged and do not forget to download the firmware for a specific tablet model to the computer and the Flash Tool.
For flashing, you need to download the USB driver for the Lenovo tablet. Next, you need to clearly follow the instructions:
- Open "Device Manager" on the computer.
- Connect the turned off tablet to the PC via a USB cable.
- In the "Dispatcher" an unidentified device with an exclamation mark should appear. You need to click on it with PCM, go to the item "Install the driver from the specified location" and select the previously loaded driver. After a successful software installation, the tablet should display without an exclamation mark.
- Disconnect the tablet from the computer and start the Flash Tool program, specify the path to the file from the archive with firmware "…txt » using the “Scatter Loading” option.
- Check the box “DA DL All With Check Sum”.
- Click the “Firmware Upgrade” button.
- After a while, the program will switch to standby mode. You need to connect the turned off tablet to the computer via USB. If everything is done correctly, then the interest in the status bar will gradually increase.
- After flashing is completed, a window with a green circle will appear on the screen. You can disconnect the tablet from the computer and turn it on.
It is not too difficult to reflash the device, but the user needs to take into account all the nuances, because if something goes wrong, then there may be problems in the operation of the device.