I came up with a password for an iPhone, and then forgot it. Be that as it may, it is best to know how to unlock your iPhone if you forget your password.
It happens to everyone. Invented and set a password for the iPhone, and then forgot it. Or for a long time did not use a smartphone. Be that as it may, it is better to know what to do and how to unlock the iPhone if you forget the password.
In this instruction, I will describe three ways to reset a password on an iPhone. These methods will not help if Apple ID is blocked, only contacting Apple support will help here.
If the password was entered incorrectly 6 times, then the iPhone will be blocked for one minute, if you enter the wrong password again, then the iPhone will be blocked for 2 minutes, then 3 and so on. In general, picking up a password is not realistic; life is not enough.
If the “Erase data” function is activated, it is dangerous to select a password. This function will erase all information from the iPhone if you enter the password incorrectly 10 times. To disable it, you must: go to settings. password. opposite the “erase data” field, switch the toggle switch to off mode.
Below are three ways to reset your forgotten password on iPhone, here they are
1. Reset your iPhone password by restoring from backup.
If you systematically sync your iPhone with iTunes, you must have backups and you can restore one of the copies where the password is still set. This is the best way, all media and information will remain on the iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to a computer that has its backups and open iTunes.
- Wait while iTunes syncs your iPhone and creates another backup.
- At the end of synchronization and creating a new copy, click on the “Restore” button.
- When during the recovery of the iPhone, the settings screen should open, where you need to select Restore from iTunes Copy.
- Now look at the date which backup is right for you, and choose her. You must remember when you set the password on the iPhone.
Video: How to Reset Password on Iphone Without Computer
2. Reset your password using the Find iPhone feature
If the “Find iPhone” function is activated, you can use iCloud to remove the lock password, however, all data will also be erased. This method works, I forgot the iPhone lock password, but remember the Apple iD password.
- Go to icloud.com.
- Enter your Apple ID and password from it and press the Enter button on the keyboard.
- Click the “Find iPhone” icon, in the “All devices” drop-down list, select the iPhone on which you want to reset the password.
- Click on the “Erase iPhone” icon and all data on it will be erased and the password will be deleted.
Now you can restore iPhone data from a backup or configure it as new.
3. How to reset iPhone if you forget your password
If you have never synchronized your iPhone with iTunes, you have no backup and the Find iPhone feature in iCloud is not activated, only the recovery mode method is left to remove the password. I note that this method always works, but not only the password will be erased on the iPhone, but also all media and information.
Step 1. To start, iPhone must be entered into Recovery Mode
To enter the recovery mode: turn off the iPhone, now press the Home button and without releasing it, insert the usb cable, the iTunes icon with a cord will appear.
Step 2. If iTunes does not open automatically, open it. A prompt should appear prompting you to update or restore your iPhone.
Still have questions?
Do you have questions about unlocking your phone if you forgot your iPhone password? You can’t recover the forgotten ID on the iPhone? Write in the comments and try to help you!
If none of the above methods helped you, or you don’t remember the Apple ID! Read this manual. What should I do if I forgot for iCloud, iTunes or the App Store? How to reset forgotten Apple ID password