Recently, the popularity of mobile Internet has grown significantly and even surpassed the Wi-Fi network by some criteria. There are many advantages: access to the World Wide Web in absolutely all places, starting from the street and ending with public transport, the ability to listen to music, watch videos, chat with friends without attachment to an access point wireless network. Therefore, many are often interested in how to set up mobile Internet on Xiaomi.
Automatically turn on mobile Internet
The easiest method is to open the notification curtain and activate the Internet icon. Did everyone connect successfully? Then you will receive an appropriate notification of data transfer. There is nothing complicated here, but this method does not always work and most often it is available after several connections.
First of all, a SIM card must be installed on the phone that supports mobile Internet in its operator. A packet tariff is also required, allowing the use of a certain number of megabytes / gigabytes for a certain time. Do not forget that if the specified threshold is exceeded, additional funds will be withdrawn from the account!
If you have two SIM cards, then you need to individually configure the Internet from one card. To do this, go to "Settings" – "Mobile Networks" and put a check mark next to the desired SIM card.
Manual setup of mobile Internet on Xiaomi
- We find "Settings" on the main screen, go;
- We are looking for the item: "SIM cards and mobile networks".
- At the very bottom of the menu, select the default setting for the Internet, that is, the desired operator.
- After we proceed to the configuration of the SIM card itself.
- After selecting the operator, go to the item "Access Points (APN)".
- At the bottom of the screen, click on the inscription "New access point".
- For item name set any value. In APN, you need to write "internet". All, other fields do not need to be filled.
- Click "More" and save the changes.
- Restart your smartphone and turn on mobile Internet through the notification curtain or settings.
Please note: some operators use their APN access point (for example, with Tele2 this internet.tele2.ru) Therefore, if after rebooting the Internet did not work, contact your mobile operator for help.
This is currently the most common, fast and convenient type of mobile communication, it is extremely rare to freeze and work. If your region supports it, the smartphone automatically switches, and at the top of the screen you can see the corresponding icon.
But it happens that you need a manual connection. To do this, in the "Settings" we click on the desired SIM card and set which mode is preferable to us: 3G, 4G or 2G (of course, weaker Internet, but consuming less battery power).
This option is similar to the previous one. If the signal quality is good and such a connection is generally available in your area, the phone usually connects itself.
Or you can make it preferable in the "Settings", but even this does not give a guarantee, because it is still a fairly uncommon network. In some cases, it works even weaker than 3G.