The technology that creates the logical network in another network received the abbreviation “VPN”, which literally stands for “Virtual Private Network” in English. In simple terms, VPN includes various methods of communication between devices within another network and provides the ability to apply various methods of protection, which significantly increases the safety of information exchanged between computers.
And this is very important in the modern world, for example, for the networks of large commercial corporations and, of course, banks. Below are detailed guides on how to create a VPN, instructions on how to make a VPN connection, and how to correctly configure the created VPN connection.
To make it easier to understand what a VPN is, you just need to know what it can do. VPN connection allocates a certain sector in an existing network and all computers located in it, and digital equipment are in constant communication with each other. But most importantly, this sector is completely closed and protected for all other devices located in a large network.
How to connect a VPN
Despite the initially apparent complexity of determining VPN, its creation in Windows computers and even the VPN setup itself will not present much difficulty if there is a detailed manual. The main requirement is to strictly follow the strict sequence of the following steps:
- Click “Start” and open the window “Control Panel”;
- Then click on “View task status”;
- Then “Center of exercise. networks and commonly. access ”;
- Next, go to “Settings for the new subkey. or network ";
- In the menu that appears, click "Connect to the workplace";
Next, the VPN setup is performed, taking into account the diverse attendant nuances.
How to set up a VPN?
It is necessary to configure taking into account the individual characteristics of not only the operating system, but also the operator that provides communication services.
In order for a VPN in the Windows XP operating system to successfully carry out its work, the following sequential steps are required:
- Through the "Start" launch the "Control Panel" and go to the "Network Connections" tab;
- Next, go to the “New Connection Wizard” menu and set the mark to “Connect to the network at the workplace”;
- Click "Next";
- In the menu that appears, put a checkmark on "Connecting to a virtual private network";
- Then print some name, as you want to name the created connection, and click “Next”;
- Then indicate the name of the PC through which the VPN connection and connection are made;
- After that, at the request of the user, you can create an icon on the desktop in the last window;
- Click “Finish”;
Video: How to Set Up Vpn On Huawei
Then, when operating in the created environment, you can use some convenient functions. To do this, do the following:
- 2 times quickly click on the icon that appears on the slave. table and click on “Properties”;
- Then go to the “Security” tab;
- By specifying "Advanced ", configure the security;
Note: parameters are always entered in different ways, because they depend not only on the server, but also on the communication service provider.
In this OS, the question of how to set up a VPN should not cause much difficulty, because here it is almost automated.
The flowchart consists of the following steps:
- Call the context menu on the status icon;
- Click on the line “Center for control networks and public access”;
- Then click on “Create a new subkey. or network ";
- Next click “Use my Internet connection”;
- Click on "Next";
- Type the address, name. Check the box for saving data and mark the rest as necessary;
Next, you need to specify the network options. To this end, perform the following actions:
- Open the "Access Control Center";
- Click "Change adapter settings";
- Then, on the VPN connection, call the context menu and click the line “Properties”;
- Then, in the window that appears, go through the bookmarks and set marks on the following items:
- set the parameters shown in the figure below:
Note: entering the settings may vary significantly depending on the network configuration.
The process of making settings in Windows 7 is simple and accessible even to inexperienced computer users.
To produce them, a Windows 7 user needs to take the following sequential steps:
- Click in the tray on the icon similar to the PC display and click “Connection” in the menu that appears;
- If required, then print the login and access code, click the "Properties" button;
- Then enter your specific parameters in the "General" tab;
- Then go to the “Settings” tab and also enter specific data corresponding to a specific network and server;
- Open the Security tab, where you can configure specific encryption and security settings;
- Enter the “Network” tab, the most commonly used “Protocol 4 ”, check the box;
- Open the “Access” tab and after entering the required parameters click “Ok”.
Note: in order to work correctly, careful individual selection of all parameters is required.
To configure the normal functioning of the gadget with Android OS in the VPN environment, you need to do a few actions:
- Open "Settings";
- Go to the tab “Other networks”;
- Enter the VPN item and enter the PIN;
- Indicate the type of VPN and enter individual parameters;
- Next, click on the created connection and print the login and access code;
- Click "Connect";
This technology includes different types of delays in data transfer procedures. Delays are due to the following factors:
- It takes some time to establish a connection;
- There is a constant process of encoding the transmitted information;
- blocks of transmitted information.
The most significant differences are present in the technology itself, for example, VPNs do not need routers and separate lines. To function effectively, it only requires access to the World Wide Web and applications that encode information.