Entering an iPhone access password is a reliable way to keep prying eyes from your personal data. Well, how to do it in case you forget your password? Entering the wrong access code several times causes a message that your iPhone is disconnected, sometimes some iPhone consumers lock for several years. Whether you receive this message or just know that you forgot your password, follow these 3 steps to regain access to your iPhone.
There are 3 main ways to delete a passcode and restore a new one: using iTunes, iCloud or recovery mode.
Method 1: How to recover iPhone password via iTunes
If your device was previously synchronized with iTunes, then you can restore it. In this case, the data on the phone and its password will be erased. Below are step-by-step instructions for using iTunes to remove and restore your iPhone.
1. Connect the device to the computer on which the synchronization action was completed;
2. Open iTunes. If a message appears to enter the password, use another computer on which you will also synchronize;
3. Wait, after synchronization and backup are completed, click “Restore [device]”;
4. In the process of restoring the device with iOS, the settings page will open, click "Restore from iTunes copy";
5. Then select your device in iTunes. Look at the creation date and size of each backup and select the one that best suits you.
If the iPhone / iPad / iPod has not previously synced with iTunes.
In this situation, follow these steps:
1. Put your mobile device in recovery mode. To do this, you need to connect the USB cable to the computer, but do not connect it to the mobile device yet. Your iPhone should be turned off – just hold the power (lock) button until the slider appears on the screen, and then swipe it. When your phone is turned off, press and hold the HOME button and connect the USB cable to the device. The smartphone screen will light up and you will see the Apple logo. Do not release the HOME button until you see the iTunes logo and USB cable on the screen. As soon as appears, release the home button. That’s all, you put your mobile device into recovery mode.
2. Now in the pop-up window iTunes click on the "Restore" button and wait for the process to complete.
Method 2: How to unlock a locked iPhone via iCloud
If you turned on Find iPhone on your device, you can also use iCloud to delete and restore it. Use this option if you do not have access to your phone or if you are syncing with iCloud, not iTunes. Check out instructions for using iCloud to erase your iPhone.
1. As already mentioned, you must have the Find iPhone service configured on your device before it is stolen. If you did, go to https://www.icloud.com/ in a web browser;
2. Log in to iCloud using the account you used when setting up Find iPhone. This is probably your Apple ID / iTunes account;
3. Click “Find iPhone” in iCloud’s web-based tools. Find my iPhone immediately begins to try to find all the devices on which you turned on. You will see on-screen messages as this works;
4. If you have more than one device for Find My iPhone installed, click “All devices” at the top of the screen and select the device you are looking for;
5. And then you can click “Erase”. This will delete all data on your phone, not allowing the thief to access it;
6. After that, you can restore from the backup device or configure as new. It should be noted that you need to connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or a cellular network so that you can use the Find My iPhone service.
Method 3. How to crack an iPhone if you forgot your password through a convenient tool
If your iPhone is not connected to any of the services mentioned above, the article also presents one of the easiest and fastest ways to solve your problem. Tenorshare 4uKey. This is an iPhone unlock tool that allows you to unlock your iPhone without a password. The software is also available in Russian.
Download and install the program on your PC / Mac before we get started.
Step 1. Run the program and connect the iPhone to the computer via the USB cable.
Step 2. After the tool recognizes your device, you can click “Start” to delete the iPhone access code.
Step 3. Before unlocking the iPhone password, download the latest iOS firmware via the Internet.
Step 4. When the software downloads to your computer, you can click “Open Now” to start recovering your iPhone without a passcode.
Step 5. The whole process takes several minutes. Please keep the device connected to the system recovery process.
Step 6. When the iPhone passcode is successfully deleted, you can configure your iPhone as new, including the passcode, touch identifier.
Phone password protection is relatively strong, good for security, but bad if you forget your password. Do not let the forgotten password forbid you to use the access code in the future; this is too important for security. Just make sure that next time you will use a password that will be easier for you to remember (but not so easy to guess!) I wish this article is useful to you!