Why do you need to urgently unlock your iPhone using really working methods?
We will not talk about cases when someone else’s phone fell into your hands. In this case, it is still better to return it to the owner. But still atypical situations may arise:
The Face ID function has stopped working (the scanner is broken, does not respond). Yes, the situation is not the most common, but this happens.
The fingerprint scanner has broken, the settings are lost,
You thought while turning the phone in your hands, and spent ten attempts to scan a fingerprint,
You used only the password, but you can’t remember it and the recovery attempts are exhausted,
The phone fell into the hands of a child who entered information incorrectly 10 times, and now the gadget is blocked,
The password was set by the child, playing, and does not remember him.
You bought the gadget from hand and did not check whether it is ready to work with you. In this case, it’s worth not only recovering the password, but first make sure that your gadget is not listed as being hijacked. This can be done by entering the serial number on the Apple website: the device must have Clean status. Although, if this is not so, we generally do not recommend that you pay money for such a dubious purchase.
You bought the device from your hands, and the previous owner did not remove the activation of the device in iCloud.
Top 5 iPhone Unlock Methods
How to unlock iPhone via iTunes
So, if you have entered the wrong password more than 9 times or used the recognition scanner on the gadget, the smart operating system will turn off the device, block and deactivate it. To prevent fraudsters from accessing personal data (for example, wallet passwords, your personal photos and contacts), all content on the device will be deleted.
And it will end well if you regularly did iPhone backup in iTunes. In this case, in order to reset the phone you will need an authorized computer.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer with a cable, turn on iTunes.
- To force restart the phone on the iPhone X, XS and XR, as well as the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, you need to press and quickly release the “turn up the volume” button, then “turn down the volume”. After that, hold down the side button until the recovery mode screen appears. (program icon). On iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, simultaneously press the side button and the volume button. On iPhone 6s, press the Home button and the top or side key.
- Select "restore phone" in the window that appears.
- If during synchronization you saved system backups, after downloading the software, the screen will prompt you to use them for recording to the phone. Agree.
- Set up the phone again and use it again.
Recovery using iCloud Remote Service
This method is almost equivalent to the previous one. But you can be far from home and your native computer, in another city or other country. You can unlock your iPhone through iCloud if you previously turned on the “Find your phone” option.
- Access iCloud.com from any device.
- Enter your Apple ID.
- Go to the “All devices” section and select the desired gadget.
- Select the line “erase iPhone” (Erase).
All data on the device will be erased, it will be unlocked. Then you can connect the gadget to iTunes at a convenient time and use the backup to restore.
This method only works if the locked phone is connected to WI-FI or mobile Internet. And if you know your ID.
Reset Incorrect Attempt Count
You left the iPhone lying on the coffee table and a curious child grabbed it? Returning from the bathroom, they found that their favorite phone turned into a piece of iron. But you know the password, you just need one more chance! In this case, you can simply reset the counter of incorrect attempts and re-enter the desired combination, or use Face ID on your iPhone X, XS or XR.
You can reset the counter of incorrect attempts to enter the password on the phone on the computer with which the gadget has already been synchronized at least once.
- We connect the phone to the computer with a cable.
- In the "Devices" menu, select "Synchronize with …" Instead of dots – the name of the device.
- Once synchronization starts, stop it by clicking the cross at the top of iTunes. The phone again displays a window for entering a password. Make no mistake this time.
By the way, resetting the password and the attempt counter with a “hard reset” will not work: agree, it would be too easy for attackers.
It will also fail to connect the phone to someone else’s computer: in this case, you must first click on the “trust” button on the phone. But you cannot do this because the screen is locked.
Recovery mode to unlock iPhone if you forget your password
This method can only be used if you know the Apple device ID and password that the device is connected to in the iCloud menu. If you run the risk of restoring a locked iPhone without this information, and it will be activated by using the “find phone” function, the device will turn into a “brick”.
You should use the recovery mode if you want to reset the password on a locked iPhone 6, 7, 8, X, XS, XR. This may be necessary if you do not know, do not remember the password, could not pick it up.
- Turn off the phone.
- Connect it to your computer.
- Select Recovery Mode from the menu that appears.
- Turn on iTunes, click OK, and then Restore iPhone.
- If a message appears about auto-checking for updates, click on the "check" button.
- Then click Restore and Update on the next screen. You will be warned that all data from the gadget will be deleted.
– Choose the version of iOS to install, agree with the license agreement, wait for the firmware to download (for the latest models, the firmware weighs more than 3 GB).
IMPORTANT: error appears on some firmware versions (3004): Failed to restore iPhone. To cope with this, close all browsers and make Internet Explorer the default browser by launching it and agreeing to the offer in the highlighted window.
If you downloaded the firmware in advance (for example, because the computer has slow Internet), then the “restore iPhone” button in iTunes must be pressed with the Shift key held down. Then a window will appear where you can enter the path to the firmware file.
Installing new firmware via DFU mode on iPhone if you forget your password
If soft recovery did not help, then it remains to use a hard reset to install a new firmware. This problem can be solved in DFU mode. To get there on the iPhone 6 and 6s, simultaneously press the Home and Power buttons and hold for 10 seconds.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, the procedure is different:
- Connect your phone to iTunes.
- Hold down the volume down and off buttons, hold until the phone turns off. Release only the Power button.
- In DFU mode, the screen should be black, without the iTunes icon.
- On the computer screen, the program will offer to check for updates, after clicking the button "Verify" she will report that the phone is in recovery mode. Click OK and reinstall the firmware (it is better to download it in advance).