Huawei EchoLife HG8245. a subscriber terminal designed for internal use, both in the home and in small offices, performs the functions of a specific home multifunctional web gateway. It is installed directly in the room when connected to the Internet services from MGTS.
The ONT Huawei HG8245 router is currently characterized by high-performance and excellent routing capabilities to fully provide improved work in conjunction with services such as VoIP, HD-video and Internet services. According to its external data, the device resembles a regular router, which is used when connecting to cable Internet. However, it provides much more features and opens up ultra-wideband network access through the use of GPON technology.
Key Features GPON Huawei HG8245
device front panel:
- 8 indicators of router status;
- RESET button
- WPS button;
- WLAN button
- USB interface (support for standard 2.0);
- BBU interface (designed to connect a backup battery);
- optical line connection interface;
- 4 Ethernet ports (connecting stationary computers or other equipment using a connecting cable with an RJ-45 connector and a data transfer rate of up to 1 Gb / s);
- 2 POTS ports (designed to connect telephones);
- power on / off button;
- socket for connecting the power adapter.
- Standards 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n:
It is believed that the 802.11n standard is able to increase the data transfer rate by a factor of almost four if compared with devices that operate according to the 802.11g standard, provided that the 802.11n router is used with other devices of this type in operating mode.
Built-in VoIP adapter. yes;
- NAT support. yes;
- dynamic DNS. is;
- support for dynamic protocols. IGMPv1 and IGMPv2;
Antenna. fixed 2 pcs;
The function of remote configuration, diagnostics and error correction is.
- operating voltage of the power adapter 110. 240 V;
- power consumption 14 W;
- overall dimensions: 195х174х34 mm;
- weight with power adapter 550g;
- operating temperature range 0. 40 ° С;
- room humidity 5. 95% non-condensing.
Contents of delivery:
- ONT HG8245 router;
- Power Supply;
- user manual Huawei HG8245 (quick start);
- network cable (patch cord).
In order to configure the equipment, you must perform the following operations:
Video: Huawei Hg8245 Wi-Fi Setup
Accessing the settings menu
- connect the router to a computer or laptop using a network cable (patch cord);
- in the address bar of any browser (for example, Opera) type 192.168.100.1;
- in the Account field, enter the name "root", and in the Password field. "Admin";
- after completing the operations, click the Login button.
After checking the correctness of all the entered information, the browser will open a window in which the status of your device will be indicated.
If the factory username and password of the Huawei HG8245 have not passed verification, then you need to contact MGTS support service, where you will be provided with advice on accessing the settings menu of your terminal.
P.S. Make sure that when you enter the router settings, the fiber optic patch cord is disconnected from the device.
WiFi setup on Huawei HG8245
- go to the “WLAN” tab, which is located at the top of the screen;
- in the side you need to go to the "WLAN Configuration".
After performing the above operations, a window opens with the following settings :,
- check the box “Enable WLAN” and press the NEW button to create a connection profile;
- network identifier (SSID Name) allows you to change the name;
- the “Enable SSID” function provides the ability to enable or disable the SSID;
- the “Associated Device Number” setting allows you to specify the number of clients simultaneously connected to the network (by default there are 32);
- Broadcast SSID is responsible for the visibility of your network on the air (if the function is enabled, the access point will be visible);
- “WMM Enable” needs to be activated in cases where it is planned to connect a multimedia device using WiFi;
- Authentication Type supports several standards (Open System, Shared key, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK and WPA-WPA2) and is responsible for the security of your network;
- The Encryption Mode function provides the ability to select a method for encrypting data on the network;
- "WPA PreSharedKey". a custom network access code (for maximum efficiency, it is recommended to set a password that will contain upper and lower case characters, numbers). The key length must be at least 10 characters.
After completing all the settings, you must confirm the changes by clicking on the “Apply” button.
Opening a port on the ONT router Huawei EchoLife HG8245. This configuration is required on ONT HG8245 optical terminals, modems, and routers if it is necessary to provide any service with direct access from an external Internet network. In order to complete this task it is necessary:
- carry out the entire procedure of entering the settings menu, which is described above;
- go to the “Forwarding Rules” tab at the top of the screen, and find the “PortMapping Configuration” menu item in the side.
In the window that opens, we make all the necessary changes:
- in the "Type" field, set the value to Custom;
- in the protocol settings drop-down list, select TCP / UDP;
- in the column of the external port “Start Port” you should indicate the first port in the required range;
- in the paragraph of the external port “End Port” the last port of the range is indicated (if only one port is needed, then the value can be equal to the value of “Start Port”);
- all the same needs to be done in the settings lines of the internal port “Start Port” and “End Port”;
- in the field of the internal host you need to specify the network address of the equipment for which you need to open the port;
- put a check mark next to the “Enable Port Mapping” value.
After completing all the steps, you need to save the changes by clicking on the “Apply” button. If the port being opened is unavailable during verification, then in this case the antivirus program and firewall should be disabled. The security system may be blocking the open port.
Pay special attention to the fact that in the newer version of the HG8245 firmware the appearance of the settings menu has changed and now the tabs are arranged in a tree structure on the left side of the screen.