The release of the eighth version of the Apple operating system for mobile devices iPhone and iPad, which took place in 2014, was discussed at professional forums, in social networks. Users complained about numerous bugs and critical errors. Applications crashed for no reason, mobile devices slowed down and rebooted, batteries quickly ran out, spreadsheets, presentations, files and other documents were deleted from the iCloud service.
The ninth version, released a year later, was supposed to fix all these numerous errors, and many users switched to it. But as it turned out, the problems of the ninth version of iOS are much more serious. In online communities, there is a heated discussion of the problems that arose after updating the operating system on the iPhone and iPad.
We suggest discussing the most common errors of the new iOS and the possibilities for fixing them. Having trouble updating your operating system? Perhaps we can help you resolve them.
We often neglect instructions, do not listen to recommendations and do not draw conclusions from strangers or our mistakes. We recall this only when a problem arises and we cannot figure it out on our own. Many users who know a lot about operating systems have warned that you should not switch to the ninth version. Experts frightened with critical bugs, especially if updated wirelessly, but many did not listen to them. It remains only to list all the serious errors of the operating system of the ninth version on iPhone and iPad and find ways to resolve them.
Recommendation for owners of iPhone 4s, iPhone 2 and iPod mini! If you have not had time to upgrade to the new version, do not make a mistake. So you save not only the performance of a mobile device, but also nerve cells.
1. Error message “Software Update Failed”
Different mobile device owners may have different messages. But the essence is the same: Apple servers cannot process the request due to congestion and lack of power. This is understandable: when a new version of the operating system comes out, everyone wants to immediately replace the software.
2. Not enough free space to download iOS 9
If you are updating the software over a wireless network, an out-of-space message may appear. This means that the memory of the mobile phone iPhone or tablet iPad is overloaded with excessive information content, and updating the operating system in this case is impossible.
In the eighth version of the operating system, the lack of space problem led to the appearance of Recovery Loop mode. And in order to get out of this regime, I had to resort to special programs. In the ninth version of iOS, developers finally fixed this problem. If recovery loop mode is enabled, you can uninstall some applications yourself. When the software is updated, these remote applications will install automatically, without your intervention.
Choose one of two methods that allows you to temporarily get rid of some applications, and thereby free up space in the memory of your mobile device:
- Allow the device to uninstall some applications by clicking the corresponding Allow App Deletion button.
- Do it yourself, in a manual way. You can delete all content or just some programs.
3. iPhone / iPad stuck on Apple logo when upgrading to iOS 9
Many users are faced with the fact that the devices “freeze” when updating the operating system on the iPhone and iPad. During the software update procedure, the Apple logo appears (sometimes a line with information about the operation of the application is also displayed).
The problem is solved by a forced reboot of the mobile device, the so-called hardware reset. In rare cases, a hard reboot may not help, and then recovery modes come to the rescue. You can recover via iTunes using software mode Recovery mode and emergency – Device Firmware Update, when the device firmware is updated. These two modes remove all user-generated content that can be easily restored from backups stored on the iCloud cloud or in the iTunes media player.
But what about those who do not keep backups? Accept the loss of all data or try to recover information with the special FoneLab utility But you should not rely on it.
Those who want to use the emergency mode should know that if the “Home” key is not working, this will not work. The mobile device must be operational for the computer to recognize it. And a device that does not turn on and does not turn on in emergency mode cannot be transferred.
4. After updating iOS 9 on the iPhone / iPad does not work cellular data network (mobile Internet)
You updated your mobile device and found that there are problems connecting to the cellular network. At the same time, the wireless connection is stable. Correct the problem as follows:
- Reboot your phone or tablet.
- In “Cellular communication” reconnect “Cellular data” (on-off).
For half a minute turn on “Airplane mode” or standalone.
5. iPhone / iPad “hung” on the verification of software updates (Verifying Update)
When updating software over a wireless network, you may see a “stuck” “verification” message.
6. During the update, iPhone / iPad entered recovery mode (Recovery Mode)
Update may be accompanied by a mode Recovery mode, which followed the reboot. On the display you will see the icon of the media player and USB cable.
IOS updates come with recovery mode for many reasons. This can lead to system failures, for example, problems in iTunes, as well as user errors – a broken cable or a wireless network. To exit Recovery Mode, do the following:
Step Two Connect to a personal computer using a USB cable.
Step Three Open the iTunes media player and wait for your device to be recognized in recovery mode.
Step Four Restore your mobile device using iTunes.
7. Wi-Fi issues on iPhone or iPad after updating to iOS 9
Upgrading to the new version, you observe problems in the wireless network. The connection is unstable or completely absent.
You must do the following:
- Reset settings and reconnect.
- Run offline for 15 seconds.
- In the "System Services" of the wireless Internet, disable "Networks". In this case, when connected to the network, the function that determines where the mobile device is located will be disabled. But at the same time, the network will continue to work.
- Enter the new DNS address in the Wi-Fi network settings – "126.96.36.199".
8. Bluetooth issues on iPhone or iPad after updating to iOS 9
You updated the operating system, but when you connect wireless devices (headphones, speakers, car speakerphone, headset) Bluetooth, a number of problems arise. So, for example, the headset may turn off in the middle of a conversation or the wireless device will not turn on at all. You must do the following:
- Disable wireless communication between devices and turn off / on the mobile device.
- Activate the “Forget device” key.
- After that, reconnect.
- Reset the Internet.
- Restore a mobile device using iTunes. Before the recovery procedure, take care of creating a backup, since all user information will be erased.
9. iOS 9 works slowly on iPhone 4s, iPad 2 and iPad Mini
This was repeatedly said by many users, complaining that after the update they received similar problems. iPhone 4s, iPad 2 and iPad Mini support the ninth version of the mobile operating system, but it produces a lot of errors. And this is confirmed by many users who have already managed to upgrade to the new, ninth version. The reason for the slow and unstable operation is the excessive requirements for the hardware. The bad news is that switching to an older but stable iOS will fail. Apple itself does not provide such an opportunity.
But for owners of iPhone 4s, iPad 2 and iPad Mini there is a way out. To make your mobile device work faster, do the following:
- In the "Basic Settings".> For Universal Access, turn off Movement Reduction.
- Reboot your mobile device from time to time using Hard Reset. Clean your memory by freeing it from unnecessary content. Try to keep services from running in the background and close programs.
- Periodically restore the iPhone or iPad in the iTunes program, first take care of backups that can be stored on the cloud or in the media player itself.
- Do not forget to clean your mobile device using PhoneClean, deleting temporary Internet files, images and mail managers, unnecessary applications and their files, outdated reports of critical failures, system messages, etc.
10. On iOS 9, iPhone / iPad discharges quickly
The ninth version of the operating system received the long-awaited energy-saving mode. The efficiency of the mobile device has decreased, but the duration has increased significantly. Many users, especially those who actively use the Internet, have already appreciated the new mode. You can turn it on manually, but there is an automatic mode that starts when a certain battery drain.
So after updating the software, the battery runs out quickly. To avoid this, do the following:
- Programs that consume a lot of energy should be deleted if possible. Such programs can be calculated in "Statistics".
- Do not listen to music in the media player in real time, but download them to your mobile device.
- Where there is poor communication, it is advisable to use the energy-saving “Flight Mode”.
- Periodically turn on / off the phone or tablet, resetting.
11. Lost information on iPhone / iPad after updating on iOS 9
Software replacement is a serious process. The update removes all user content. It’s often necessary to restore / update mobile devices, so it’s a rule to back up all information.
And for those who have not made a copy, you can advise you to use a special program. But there is no guarantee that lost information will be restored.
12. iMessage Messages Not Sent After iOS 9 Update
Replacing the software of iPhones and iPads with the latest version brought another mistake – the inability to send messages through the exchange service or their long download. If you encounter such an error, do the following:
- The messaging and other content service uses cellular and wireless networks. Maybe you had an unstable connection and a bad signal at the time of the error? See how full the signal strength scale is. And if you need cellular communication to send SMS, reconnect it in a special menu.
- Attempt to reconnect the messaging service. This is done in a special menu.
- Check to whom you are trying to send a message (user – iMessage program).
- Log out of your Apple account and log in again.
- Make a reset – hard reset.
13. After updating to iOS 9, the iPhone shows the wrong time
This is another mistake that users are talking about. If after changing the software you often have to adjust the time, you must do one of the following:
14. After updating to iOS 9, applications on the iPhone / iPad “crash”
Updated to the latest version, the system "pleases" you with the launch of applications? In this case, to fix errors, you will have to reinstall all applications. Also try:
15. On iOS 9 iMessage and FaceTime are not activated
A small part of the owners of iPhones and iPads encountered after replacing the software with the fact that it was impossible to start the messaging service, contact data, photos and video iMessage and the video call service FaceTime. How to solve this problem:
- Check if your “Cellular Data” or the wireless network is disabled.
- To launch FaceTime and iMessage, your mobile phone will automatically send SMS. With a shortage of money, an activation error may occur.
- An error will also appear if the time zone is incorrect on your mobile device. It can be set in the "Date and time" settings.
- Close FaceTime and iMessage in "Messages", turn the mobile device off and on and restart these programs.
16. Missing notification sounds after updating to iOS 9
Some owners of iPads and iPhones that have updated the operating system are faced with the problem of the lack of voice notifications. This applies to caller calls, SMS messages, emails, FaceTime video calls. There are also no sounds in some programs and games. What to do:
- Check if you forgot about the Do Not Disturb mode (the button shows the moon).
- Check, maybe you have “Silent mode” turned on. The mode is switched on / off by a switch.
- Reset your Internet settings.
- Reboot in forced mode.
- If messages come with notifications, turn off the feature. After doing this, reboot.
- After rebooting, activate the notification function again.
17. iPhone / iPad does not turn on after updating to iOS 9
The software update has completed, the mobile device has been restarted, but does not work. How to get out of the situation:
- Make a “Hard reset” of the mobile device.
- Leave it to recharge for 8-12 minutes by connecting using the USB cable that goes to the device.
- A mobile phone or tablet needs to be restored. Using the Home button, connect to the computer using the USB cable. The aityuns icon and cable should appear on the display.
- Again make a “Hard reset” of the mobile device.
Observe the results. If the problem persists (the mobile device does not work), you will need Recovery Mode and recovery using aityuns.
18. In iOS 9 on the iPad there is no power saving mode (Low Power mode)
19. iOS 9 update “hung” on the connection with the software update server
If you update the operating system of a tablet or mobile phone using iTunes, you may encounter a “freeze” error. The update cannot happen because it is not possible to connect to the server (it is not responding). What to do with such an error:
- Download the latest version of iTunes and try again.
- The iPhone connected to the computer must be disconnected, as well as closing iTunes. After restarting the computer, connect the device using the USB cable, open iTunes and update.
- Check the speed and quality of your network. A private virtual network may have an unstable connection at a low speed. In this case, a direct connection is required.
20. After upgrading to iOS 9, the iPhone / iPad “hangs” on “Slide to Upgrade”
As soon as the stable version was released, many owners of iPads and iPhones began to get this error, and in large quantities. After numerous complaints, Apple acknowledged the presence of a “freeze” problem. Several tips appeared on the official page on how to prevent or eliminate an error that already appeared. You can familiarize yourself with them if you speak English.
Users are advised to replace the software. You can update by connecting your mobile device to a personal computer, or through a wireless network.
These are 20 errors that may appear when updating the Apple mobile operating system. We tried to make out each case and find a way out. And for those who have not yet updated, remaining on the old iOS, we recommend not to rush with this and wait for the stable version.