Some users experience lags when using PS4 Remote Play. It is immediately worth noting that finding the reason behind the occurrence of lags is rather difficult and it will take some time. In this article, we will tell you how to get rid of lags when transmitting images through remote playback of the PS4 console.
How to fix controller lags
For let’s try to make the most elementary decisions and see where it leads us.
- Make sure your DualShock 4 controller is fully charged. With a low battery, the controller can start working with small delays or, more simply, lags. Try to fully charge it.
- Connect the controller via a USB cable. Having problems with lags in management, it is worth trying to connect your controller to the console using a USB cable. If the lags disappear with a wired connection, then perhaps something is wrong with the wireless module of the controller itself.
- Disconnect other wireless devices. Some wireless devices may interfere with the normal operation of the DualShock 4 controller. Try moving these devices away from the console or turn them off altogether during a game session.
- Make sure that there are no obstacles between the console and the controller. It is possible that interferes with the normal connection between the controller and the PS4. If something lies directly in front of the console, for example, a stack of books, then this must be removed.
Video: Ps4 Remote Play Error
The last two solutions can be useless if you use the PS4 remote play function in a room where there is no console itself. If none of the above solutions helped you get rid of lags during broadcasts, then you can try your luck with a restart of PS4.
How to restart PS4
- Hold the PS4 power button for 7 seconds and the console will emit two beeps, notifying you of its disconnection;
- to reset the controller, press the button in the hole next to the L2 button, a pin or a paper clip and hold it for five seconds;
- connect the controller to the console using a USB cable;
- turn on the PS4.
We also recommend that you reboot the device to which you are streaming an image from your PS4. If the reboot did not help to get rid of lags during remote playback, then you can try to lower the settings of the broadcast itself.
How to reduce broadcast quality
- Launch the PS4 remote control on the device you need;
- select "Settings" in the lower left corner;
- under the “Video quality for remote playback” section, find the drop-down menu and select the standard resolution (540p);
- for “Frame rate”, you can select “Standard”;
- click “OK” to save the settings;
- Now click on the “Run” button.
We hope that at least some of the things we have proposed in this article will help you get rid of. or at least partially reduce. the lags during remote PS4 playback. If all else fails, then we can assume that the lags are caused by your network connection or Wi-Fi router.