Samsung Gear S3 is without a doubt one of the best smart watches in the world. Their secret to success is very simple: excellent appearance and many useful features. If the first on the Internet is already written a lot of different information (photos and video reviews), then little is said about the smart features of the watch. In this article, Galagram makes all the secrets and tips for setting up the Gear S3 smart watch.
This instruction will be useful for both beginners who have just purchased a gadget, and confident watch users. We think everyone can learn something new for themselves and use the device to the maximum.
How to enable Samsung Gear S3
To turn on the clock, press and hold the “Power” (Home) button until the screen lights up and the Samsung logo appears on it. If the device does not turn on, connect it to the power source for at least 15 minutes, and then try again. Perhaps the watch simply ran out "at zero percent." To turn off the clock, also press and hold the Power button. In the menu that opens, select "Shutdown" or Power off. Everything is simple and clear here!
How to connect Gear S3 to Android and iPhone
- Turn on the clock
- On your smartphone, open the Samsung Gear app
- If necessary, update the Samsung Gear app to the latest version.
- Click Connect
- Activate Bluetooth at the request of the application
- Follow the instructions on your smartphone to complete the connection.
In addition to the clock, you can connect a Bluetooth headset or wireless headphones. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the watch’s screen, tap “Settings”
- Then select “Connections”
- Touch the Bluetooth switch to activate the connection.
- Turn the ring around the screen and click on the Bluetooth icon
- When you see that the name of the Bluetooth headset appears on the screen, click on it to connect
- If you don’t see the Bluetooth device, click “Scan” and then click the name on the device when you see that it appears on the display
Well, the reverse action is to disconnect from a Bluetooth device (speaker or headset), do the following:
- On the Applications screen, select Settings
- Click “Connections”
- Click on Bluetooth device
- Click the Settings Icon
- Click "Disconnect"
How to choose a different watch face
There are many different interchangeable dials for the Gear S3. Most of them are available in the Gear application on your Android device, right from the application you can see, select the appropriate one and set it as the main dial.
Switching between third-party dials can be done on the phone, as well as on the watch itself. To do this without the participation of a smartphone and application, make a long tap on the current option on the screen, then swipe left or right to view the predefined dials. After installation, you can click on the “Stylization” tab and select the display colors, as well as configure it as you wish.
How to pay with Gear S3 via Samsung Pay
A very useful feature, since you do not need to carry a wallet or even a smartphone. Just spend hours near a compatible payment terminal. Here’s how to set it up. You must activate NFC and set Samsung Pay as your default payment method before using Samsung Pay on Gear S3
- On the start screen with applications, turn the frame to the “Settings” tab
- Click Connections > NFC, then tap NFC to
enable this module
- Now choose the payment method "Samsung Pay"
- On the Applications screen, rotate the frame and select Samsung Pay (or press and hold the Back key)
- Scroll through the list of cards, select the desired card, and then
- Touch the top of the Gear S3 to the card reader
- Payment must be successful
- It’s all!
How to enable Always On display
Video: Samsung Gear Watch Does Not Turn On
Out of the box, the Samsung watch screen is configured so that it is activated only at your “request”. In order to turn on the screen, you need to either raise your hand or press a key on the case. But there is one secret how to make the Gear S3 screen constantly active. This is something like Always On Display on Samsung smartphones. To keep your watch constantly “active” and show the time all the time, do the following.
- Go to Settings
- On the watch and select the “Style” tab
- Click Always On
How to take a screenshot on Samsung Gear S3
Continuing the theme of display settings, we’ll tell you how to take a screenshot of this watch. First of all, all screenshots taken on your device are saved in the "Gallery". You can transfer screenshots from the Gear S3 to a smartphone. Screenshots transferred to your phone will be saved in the Gear folder in the Gallery.
To take a screenshot, just press the Home key at the same time and swipe the screen from the left to the right. as you can see, it’s very convenient! Go to the Gallery app to view all screenshots.
How to set time
There are two ways: automatic, for which automatic updating of the time zone is provided. And manual. when you set the time on your Gear S3. Below are instructions for these two methods.
- On the Applications screen, tap Settings
- Go to the "Device"
- Click Date & Time
- Click on the “Automatic” tab to enable or disable the automatic update of the date and time.
- On the “Applications” screen, go to “Settings”
- Click “Device”
- Go to "Date and Time"
- If necessary, tap “Automatic” to disable the automatic update function.
- To manually set the date, click "Set Date"
- Select year, month and day to manually set the date.
- Then click “Set” (or install)
- To manually set the time, find the "Set time" item.
- Manually insert hours and minutes
- Now click “Set” (or install)
How to install applications on a watch
Since Samsung Gear S3 runs on Tizen 3.0 OS, you can install popular applications on them, such as Yandex Navigator, Google Maps and others. To download programs to your Gear S3, you must log in to your Samsung account on your phone. If you do not have a Samsung account, select "Register" and follow the instructions.
- You can download applications to your watch from your phone using the Samsung Gear app and the Samsung Galaxy Apps tab.
- Swipe left on the clock screen or rotate the frame until you reach the Get Applications icon
- Select the application you need.
- Choose Install
- After the application has been installed, you can access it from the full list of applications of your watch
How to upload music to your watch
On the main screen of your smartphone, go to "Applications". Select Samsung Gear. The Samsung Gear app may be located in the Samsung folder on some phones. Then do the following:
- Go to the Settings tab
- Click "Submit Content to Transfer"
- Tap “Select Audio Tracks” (may be called differently)
- Check the box next to the audio files you want to transfer to Gear S3
- Then click Finish.
To have new songs automatically sync with your Gear S3 while the watch is charging, click on the slider next to automatic sync to enable sync.
How to set and reset PIN
Since the smartwatch does not yet have a fingerprint scanner, data protection is carried out using a regular PIN code. How to install the code and what to do if you forgot it, the tips below will help you with this.
To set a PIN:
- On the Applications screen, tap Settings
- Click Security
- Click Screen Lock
- Click “Screen Lock Type”
- Click the PIN.
- Enter a 4-digit password
- Re-enter the 4-digit PIN to confirm
To reset the PIN:
- Make sure the clock is off
- Press and hold the power button until “Rebooting” appears on the display, then release the key.
- On the “Rebooting” screen, use the “Power” key to confirm the device reset.
- After that, the clock will be reset to factory settings along with the PIN code
You must understand that Factory Reset will entail the complete removal of data from the watch. Use this method in the last turn, if the information stored on the watch is important to you.
How to properly charge Gear S3
The most important thing you need to remember is to always use the original charger and battery to maintain optimal battery performance throughout the life of your Samsung watch.
You can charge the watch through the original accessory that comes with the gadget. To do this, simply plug the USB cable into an outlet and plug it into an outlet or USB port on your computer. The device charges faster from a regular power outlet. From a laptop, the charging process will be a little slower.
Put the watch on the dock for charging, make sure that it is correctly connected to the gadget. Now the device will start charging. During charging, the battery charge icon will be displayed on the watch’s screen with the amount of time remaining until the battery is fully charged.
How to improve autonomy
Below are some tips to help you get the most out of your Samsung Gear S3. Follow these instructions and the watch will work much longer.
- Set the minimum brightness
- Turn off smart display activation
- Disable Always On Display
- Turn off continuous heart rate reading
- Disable in GPS settings
- Activate power saving mode