If you decide to "move" from your Android device to a smartphone running the Windows Phone operating system, then you probably wondered. how to transfer contacts from Android to Windows Phone? Let’s say that dragging multimedia files is quite simple. I copied the thing in the hat. But what about the phone numbers? After all, manually driving hundreds of digital combinations and re-trying names is not for the faint of heart. Therefore, today we will consider a quick and easy transfer of contacts from Android to Windows Phone.
Where to begin?
First of all, you need to prepare your Android-smartphone to move. To do this, you need to synchronize it with Google Cloud Storage. To do this, go to "Settings", select "Accounts", then scroll to "Google" and, having opened it, click on your account. After this, you need to make sure that there is a checkmark in front of the "Contacts" item. If it is missing, you need to install it and connect to the Internet so that the smartphone can upload data to the cloud storage.
Further, in order to transfer contacts from Android to Windows Phone, we only need a device running Windows.
Transfer contacts to Windows Phone
On a new smartphone, you need to perform a few simple steps.
- We’ll go to “Settings” and select the item “Mail accounts”, then click “Add service”;
- Enter the data from your Google account (from the one that was used on the Android-smartphone) and click "Sign in";
- Now we accept the access request by pressing the “Accept” button;
- We are waiting for our contacts to “move”.
Video: Transfer Contacts From Windows To Android
As you can see, there is absolutely nothing difficult. switching from Android to Windows Phone according to the instructions takes a matter of minutes. By the way, this method completely synchronizes all the data that was used on the old smartphone, including letters from mail and calendar data. If you do not need it, just uncheck the box when choosing synchronization items.
This transfer of contacts from Android to Windows Phone leaves the user with Google services. This can be inconvenient for several reasons, so there is a way to import in applications from Microsoft.
- We enter the Google mail, which is used as an account for a smartphone, through a computer;
- Click on "Gmail".> "Contacts".> “Advanced” and select “Export”;
- In the export window, select "All contacts" and the upload format. "Google CSV format";
- Click on the “Export” button, which will download the file with contacts to your computer;
- After we go in and log in to people.live.com and in the "Import contacts" section, click "Start import", and then. "Google";
- When choosing a file, you need to find our google.csv, which was downloaded during export from your Google account, and upload it to your Microsoft account;
- Click the “Send” button and upon completion of copying, all contacts will be transferred to your Windows Phone.
In these two ways, you can transfer contacts from Android to Windows Phone. The first way is simpler and faster, and thanks to the second you can completely get away from using Google products. Still have questions? Comments are always open!