The popularity of Xiaomi smartphones today is just off scale, because the brand has strong positions in the budget segment, which has the greatest demand in our country. The devices of this brand have flooded the market, so care must be taken not to become a victim of fakes. There are many ways to check Xiaomi for authenticity. The proven methods will be described later, you only need to carefully read them.
Verification using the Mi Verification application
- After downloading the application to your smartphone, you must go to the link https://jd.mi.com/. This is a site that is intended for verification. It is better to do this using a computer, but you can use another device. Since the page will still be needed, there is no need to close it.
- We launch the application on the phone to check the originality of Xiaomi. You will see the Scan and Verify button, you need to press it, and then the camera of the mobile device will open.
- There is a QR code on the site page, it should be scanned with a smartphone camera. It may happen that the application requires you to activate the productive mode, you should not be surprised. This often happens on Xiaomi smartphones built on processors from MediaTek. The enable button for this mode can be found in the notification curtain.
- After you have scanned the code, Xiaomi authentication will begin, confirmation of which will be the animation in the application and the designation of the launched verification on the site page.
- A complete verification of the Xiaomi phone will be marked by the display of the result, both on the site and in the program. If nothing new appears on the monitor screen, your mobile device is not genuine. But the data appeared on the device being verified on a green background will show that the verification of the Xiaomi phone was successful.
Video: Xiaomi Mi A1 Authentication
The AnTuTu Officer app offers similar capabilities, and is also available on Google Play. The procedure is similar.
Checking the phone by IMEI
To check IMEI Xiaomi, you will need not only the device itself, but also its box. This method is very common among those who need to confirm the originality of their smartphone. It is inferior only to the method described above. However, it does not have 100 percent accuracy, since dishonest manufacturers can steal EMEI from the Xiaomi database, assigning it a fake. Checking the phone for IMEI is divided into two stages.
Comparison of data in the smartphone and on the box
As a rule, the bottom side of the package contains different information, including the IMEI of the phone. Xiaomi is checked for originality by comparing the IMEI on the box with the one contained in the device itself. On the telephone keypad, you need to dial the combination # 06 #, the data that appears are compared with those that were seen on the package. A smartphone is not considered fake if the data matches when checking the IMEI.
Check on the official website
From a computer or gadget, go to the page https://www.mi.com/en/ in order to verify the authenticity of Xiaomi on the site. What is needed is the international version of the resource in English. If it’s hard without the Russian language, use the Google Chrome browser, it has a translation function.
At the bottom, find the item Product Authentication and click on it. Discover two tabs, they will help to carry out Xiaomi verification by IMEI. You can confirm the originality of any technology of this brand, not just smartphones. But we need to check the phone, so go to the Verify your phone purchase tab.
Here you will need to write the serial number of the device and its IMEI, then after entering the verification code, click on the Verify button.
As a result, we get information about the requested smartphone. As an example, to test Xiaomi via IMEI, the Redmi 3S model was used. The device was purchased with global firmware, so its name did not appear in the image below, only its code is visible. It’s okay, the main thing is the coincidence of the volume of ROM and RAM. In this case, have the test successfully passed.
You can also pay attention to the following:
- Build quality. Before you break through IMEI, you should take a closer look at the assembly. All fakes have one pronounced sign. the poor quality of the case. If you notice a poor fit of parts, creaks and dangling elements, this should raise suspicion. Poor-quality components, such as a camera, battery or processor, will immediately make themselves felt. To check Xiaomi for originality, you can use special programs, for example, CPU-Z. They will provide accurate information on technical specifications.
- Software. All Xiaomi devices, with the exception of the Mi A1 model released under the Android One program, have MIUI firmware on board that is updated by air. If the software part does not correspond to this, then there is a high probability that the phone is a fake. And then it will be necessary to break through.