The need to reset to factory settings on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro can be due to various reasons. For example, you are going to sell a smartphone and do not want someone to see your data. But, most often, you have to do a factory reset if the phone is buggy and does not turn on. In this case, before making a reset, we recommend that you read the material in the article "What to do if Redmi Note 3 does not turn on", maybe the problem will be solved more easily.
If the above article did not help to cope with glitches, then in the instructions below you will learn how to roll back Xiaomi Redmi Note to its original state, in other words, make it Hard Reset. The instruction is equally suitable for models with 16 GB of memory, and for devices with 32 GB. In addition, it is suitable for any other Xiaomi smartphones.
Please note that after restoration to the factory settings, all contacts, applications and multimedia files will disappear from your phone. In this regard, we recommend that you make a backup.
Method 1. From the menu
This method is suitable only if the device is working properly, and you can go to the settings menu.
To make Hard Reset, go to Menu.> Backup and reset.> Reset.> section "Return to factory settings".> "General discharge."
Video: Xiaomi Redmi 4a Factory Reset
If you have an English menu, then the path will be as follows: Settings.> Backup & Reset.> Factory data reset.>Reset phone.
After you confirm the reset, the phone will reboot and after some time will turn on in the “out of the box” state.
By the way, some problems with Redmi Note 3 can be solved through the Engineering menu
Method 2. By pressing the buttons
To reset, you must take the following steps:
- Step 1. Turn off your Redmi Note 3 by pressing the power button.
- Step 2. Remove the SD and SIM card.
- Step 3. Boot your smartphone in recovery mode. To do this, you must simultaneously press the button power supply and key volume up and hold them for a while, until the phone vibrates. Do not release the volume button until Recovery mode opens.
- Step 4. Now in recovery mode, you need to select the return to the factory settings (Wipe all Data). To move through the menu, use the volume up and down keys, and the power button to select the desired item.
- Step 5. Expect the process of restoring settings. It may take several minutes.
- Step 6. After the process is completed, the phone will reboot itself, and you will see that your Xiaomi has returned to its original state.
That’s all. We hope you succeed. If you were not able to reset the Redmi Note 3 settings or you did not understand how to do this, then ask a question in the comments.